Mixed Mushroom Egg Bake

This recipe happens to be one of my favorites that I found here: 
https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-mixed-mushroom-egg-bakes-recipes-from-the-kitchn-219483

It's easy to make but tastes so fancy, plus offers a beautiful presentation.

My ramekins shown here are 2.5" x 5" (I would not use anything more shallow than that).

As always, I have modified it a bit: a little extra salt and pepper to taste, green onions instead of shallots (gives it a bit more zing), cremini mushrooms (you don't have to use Oyster and Shiitake mushrooms in addition to the cremini mushrooms, but the oyster mushrooms add a smooth texture and the Shiitake add a smoky flavor which is nice), I use three average-sized eggs per person, and be CERTAIN to use whole milk and fresh thyme - a small luxury, I know, but it makes all the difference.

Comments

Popular Posts